The PureStation™ Dedicated Eye Sink serves as a separate designated cleaning area for channeled ocular surgical devices. It is permanently labeled with specific instructions for eye instruments, and can be used on a counter top, in an existing too-deep sink to raise the work level, or on a mobile cart. The eye sink’s lightweight polyurethane construction and handles make it ergonomic to handle and carry, and provide a less abrasive contact surface than stainless steel for delicate ocular lumens and devices. It also features a chemical mixing well, water volume indicators and a thermometer strip to assure consistent solution dilution and temperatures. Caddies that secure onto the rim of the sink help organize pre-cleaning tools and solutions at the sink, and a drain catch prevents small adapters from being lost down the drain.
The PureStation™ Dedicated Eye Sink can also be used with the FlexiPump Independent Flushing System for copiously flushing ocular instruments. The FlexiPump system features integrated pressure relief valves to protect delicate eye instruments and allows up to five small-diameter lumens to be flushed at once.
“A designated cleaning area and equipment dedicated to the cleaning of intraocular surgical instruments should be identified. Intraocular surgical instruments should be processed separately from general surgical instruments and equipment to reduce the potential for cross-contamination by material or residue from general surgical instruments.”
ANSI/AAMI ST79: 2017, M.2.2.2, Designated cleaning area and equipment
- For use on countertops, in deep sinks or on mobile carts for improved ergonomics and additional pre-cleaning capacity
- Mixing well enables accurate measure of concentrated detergents
- Hanging containers for cleaning and rinse solutions and cleaning accessories
- Specially designed catch drain system prevents small adapters from lost down the drain
- Water level indicator helps achieve correct dilution ratios
- Easy-to-read thermometer strip helps maintain proper temperature for enzymatic detergents
- Built-in handles facilitate carrying and provide an overflow prevention outlet
- Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage on shelves
- Polyurethane construction for easy disinfection
- Available with or without FlexiPump™ Independent Flushing System
- 16" x 16"
- 16" x 26"